Who This Course is For:
- Beginner adults
- Beginner teens
- Children (ages 9-10+) that plan on doing or are starting their school orchestra and have no formal previous lessons or experience.
- A teen or adult that played just a few years ago and needs a refresher from the beginning.
- Beginner, older child, teen, or adult on a teacher’s waitlist that wants to get going while they wait.
- For an older child, teen or adult unsure that they want to commit to the time and money of private lessons until they have gotten a start in their own.
- Any of the above-named people want to get started today learning the cello.
Who This Course is NOT for:
- Children younger than 9 years old, unless you are close to this age and have parental guidance or experienced musician parent that can support.
- Young children (ages 2-8) need the expertise of a teacher trained in a private setting.
- Anyone that already has basic knowledge of playing the cello (example: has taken lessons equivalent to Suzuki Book 1), or had a 2-3+ years elementary orchestra or above level orchestra.
This course will take you through step-by-step instructions on how to successfully learn how to play the cello with good technique and quality sound. This course is ideal for an older beginner, meaning a child that is 9-10 years old or older (some children may need adult guidance), a teenager, or an adult. Private lessons are the ideal way to learn such an intricate instrument. But after teaching privately for 18 years, I have learned there can be financial constraints, scheduling and timing issues, and a higher demand for cello now than ever, making it difficult to find a well-trained teacher. After having to turn away student after student due to time constraints, I decided to put my years of teaching and training into an online accessible learning format so that more people can learn one of the most beautiful instruments in the world. You can do this course at your own pace. This course will teach you all of the techniques you need, from how to sit, how and where to hold your cello and your bow, to how to set up your fingers and get a lovely sound. You will learn scales, how to read the bass clef and several songs that will have you feeling comfortable playing all the strings and fingerings in 1st position. Typically, the material here will be learned and mastered over the course of 6 months-2 years in private lessons, depending on the age, practice time, and previous musical background. In my current studio, the cost of 6 months- 2 years for a beginner would range from $840-$3360, depending on the length of time. This course is available at a fraction of these costs, AND you can do it at your own pace.